Sunday, March 11, 2012

Why am I blogging?

I wasn't exactly dragged kicking and screaming into blogland!  Two of my daughters have blogs.  Nothing pleases me more in the morning along with my two cups of coffee than checking in to read what our amazing grandchildren are doing,

My favorite blogs are posted on the sidebar of my blog.  Each one of them has inspired me in some way!  Again the question why am I blogging?  Who am I?  What do I know that is worthy to share?  My comment to that is to say, "I love to tell people what to do!"  Nothing pleases me more than to have the opportunity to talk to someone just starting out,  either in their first apartment or a first time home owner.  My advice to them is to check out the family basement, garage, and attic to furnish their home.  Please ask permission!   Resale shops, antique malls, and last but not least curbside treasures are also places to find the perfect accessory!

How many of you registered for fine china and silver when you were getting married,  only to find out in a few years you either don't use it or love it anymore?  Looking back on our home decor in pictures, I have to smile and some times laugh out loud at my attempts at decorating through the years.  Our tastes change and we are some what dictated to by magazines as to what our home should look like.

If I can help someone by suggesting what has worked for me,  then my blogging will have served its
purpose.   I hope that you will be able to check out Antiques of Winfield where Cathy and I have our booth.  There are more than forty dealers displaying their wares.  You just might find the perfect thing for your home.  The item may be used and abused,  but the price is right!  Think of it this way, you won't have to worry about getting that first scratch on furniture that you bought brand new and paid full price.

There is an expression, "a picture is worth a thousand words!"  In this blog, no picture but close to a thousand words!  Enough said!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging...I learn so much from you. And lol about the thousand words! :)

    ReplyDelete